1Password as Authenticator in cidaas
1Password is a Password Manager app, digital vault, form filler and secure digital wallet that is used to remember all your passwords, and track password breaches and other security problems. It helps keep your account information safe and checks for weak, compromised, or duplicated passwords. 1Password lets you know which sites are missing two-factor authentication or using unsecured HTTP.
1Password is used primarily to fill and save usernames and passwords in apps and browsers.
It is also useful to store and quickly access your one-time passwords when you turn on two-step verification for your application on cidaas.
This page will help you with the steps to configure 1Password as an Authenticator on cidaas.
If you are here, we assume you are already using 1Password and have set up two-factor authentication for your application.
Here are the steps to use 1Password when you turn on two-step verification for your application on cidaas.
1. An active 1Password account.
2. An Authenticator app installed on your mobile device or laptop to scan the QR code.
3. An Admin account and access to it on cidaas.
Add Login Method in 1Password
- Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
- Click on Logins in the left-hand menu. Then, click on the "+" - Add Button at the bottom of your profile information page to add a new section in the login method.
- Select Login from the list that appears.
- Click on the dotted icon to the right next to label (new field) and choose One-Time Password from the list.
Provide the title as One-Time Password in the Login Method form. Then, provide the details for username, website, web address, and Section.
This will automatically set the label to "one-time password" and the label value to a masked password field.
Click on Save to save your new login method settings which will display the following window.
A 6-digit OTP shall be displayed for the Login Method you just created which will be valid for 30 seconds. You can use this OTP to login on cidaas for your web application.
Scanning the QR Code
The QR Code on 1 Password should be scanned using an authenticator app to complete the one-time password set-up on 1 Password.com. Here are the steps.
- To scan the QR code, Click your name on the top-right of the page, and choose My Profile.
Click More Actions -> Manage Two-Factor Authentication.
Click Set Up App. You’ll see a square barcode (QR code). On your mobile device, open your authenticator app and use it to scan this QR code as shown below.
- After you scan the QR code, you’ll see a six-digit authentication code on the authenticator app. On 1Password.com, click Next. Then, enter this six-digit authentication code (within 30 seconds before the code expires) and click Confirm.
You will see the following Confirmation window indicating that your Authenticator app was successfully registered.
Congratulations! Two-Factor Authentication using one-time password is now set on your 1Password account.
Steps to Set-up on cidaas
1. Login to your Admin UI on cidaas. Then, in the My Dashboard page, click on the Profile icon on the top right-hand side of the page.
2. Click on My Account in the expanded Profile Menu
3. In the My Account page, scroll down and click on Physical Verification Setup
4. This will expand the window to display the following options.
Click on the Edit button in the TOTP window which will open a QR code.
5. Scan the QR code with your mobile phone, then, click Save on your phone.
6. In cidaas, click on Next and enter the verification code that is displayed in your 1Password user page (under My Profile). Next, click on the Verify button.
Please ensure you type in the correct verification code from 1Password. A wrong code will display the following error message.
7. Once you've entered a valid verification code, you can choose to skip Step 3 using the Skip button.
Congratulations! You're now ready to use 1Password as an Authenticator on cidaas.
From now on, when you log in to your app through cidaas, you’ll be asked to provide the one-time password. In 1Password, the one-time password is constantly refreshed and available under your normal login password.
1Password automatically copies your one-time password to the clipboard for 30 seconds when you inject your username and password to the login page. This means that once you log in and are prompted for your one-time password on cidaas, paste the code.
If you face any issues or need further assistance with this configuration, please contact our support team.
We'll be happy to help. Thank you!