By configuring cidaas as an extension for Zendesk, you can login to Zendesk services with your cidaas credentials.
We will guide you through the process — it is quite easy!
If you are in this section, we assume you are already using Zendesk, and would like to connect cidaas with your Zendesk instance!
In this section, you will find steps to use cidaas as an extension to Zendesk by configuring SSO setup.
Overall process would be:
- Activate SAML in cidaas app
- Copy Meta Data from cidaas and paste to Zendesk SSO configuration
- Enable SSO in Zendesk
Activate SAML in cidaas App
In order to Activate SAML in cidaas, you need to create an "App" in cidaas. Steps to create "App" using cidaas administration interface can be found in the last section.
Steps to activate SAML settings
1. Login to cidaas dashboard and go to edit mode of your application. In the edit-mode of your cidaas application (in our case zendesk app), scroll down to the bottom and select Enterprise Provider. Then click on SAML Settings.
2. Click on Enable SAML IDP Provider button.
3. Once enabled, SAML settings options will appear. Click on Save button to save your configuration.
Get Meta Data from cidaas
To configure Zendesk, you need login URL and Signing SH509 certicate Fingerprint ID, so first step is extract this from cidaas.
Here, you'll find the steps to extract signing sha509 certificate of your cidaas application along with login and logout url's.
Steps to get Meta Data from cidaas
1. Click on View SAML button.
2. Collect the Login and Logout URL of cidaas.
You will find the required URLs, if you click on View SAML button which is right next to SAML Meta Data URL.
You will get an XML file like the one appearing below,
In that, Look out the content of following tags
i. SingleSignOnService > Location ii. SingleLogoutService > Location
where you get the values for login and logout url's.
Steps to Configure SSO in Zendesk Admin Center
1. Login to your Zendesk account https://yourdomain.zendesk.com
2. Navigate to the Security menu on the left nav bar and select Single Sign ON. Follow this link [ https://your_domain.zendesk.com/admin/security/sso ] to navigate to security menu.
3. Click on Configure SAML, this will redirect to the window as show below.
4. Copy the Login Url from cidaas Meta data from section SingleSignOnService to SSOURL for SAML section in Zendesk Admin Portal.
5. Copy the signing sha509 certificate key fingerprint from the cidaas app configuration to Certificate Fingerprint section in Zendesk Admin Portal
6. Copy the SAML Meta Data from Zendesk Admin Center to cidaas SP Meta data section in the App settings.
<EntityDescriptor entityID="your_subdomain.zendesk.com" xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"> <SPSSODescriptor AuthnRequestsSigned="false" WantAssertionsSigned="true" protocolSupportEnumeration="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol"> <NameIDFormat>urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress</NameIDFormat> <AssertionConsumerService index="1" Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST" Location="https://<yourdomain>.zendesk.com/access/saml"/> <!-- Note: replace 'accountname' with your Zendesk subdomain --> </SPSSODescriptor> </EntityDescriptor>
7. After configuring Single Sign On, you now can activate it for agents/admins and endusers via the section shown in the attached image, enable external configuration and select Single Sign On there.
8. Now Single Sign On is activated and you can login via SAML if you have it configured accordingly. As admin, you can go to
https://< yourdomain >.zendesk.com and you will be automatically redirected to the cidaas login page and can login here.
Steps to create cidaas app
1. Navigate to cidaas Administrator dashboard -> Apps -> App Settings.
2. Click on Create New App button.
3. Enter app name and then select App type as per your requirement.
4. Under App Settings, select 'email', 'openid', 'profile' as Scopes.
5. Fill out all required information and click on Save button.