PagerTree using SSO
By configuring cidaas as an extension for PagerTree, you can login to PagerTree services with your cidaas credentials.
We will guide you through the process — it is quite easy!
In this section, you will find steps to use cidaas as an extension to Pagertree by configuring SSO setup.
If you are in this section, we assume you are already using PagerTree, and would like to connect cidaas with your PagerTree instance!
Overall process would be:
- Activate SAML 2.0 in cidaas app
- Copy Meta Data from cidaas and paste to PagerTree Configuration
- Enable SSO in PagerTree
Activate SAML 2.0 in cidaas App
In order to Activate SAML 2.0 in cidaas, you need to create an "App" in cidaas. Steps to create "App" using cidaas administration interface can be found in the last section.
Steps to activate SAML settings
1. Login to cidaas dashboard and go to edit mode of your application. In the edit-mode of your cidaas application, scroll down to the bottom and select Enterprise Provider. Then click on SAML Settings.
2. Click on Enable SAML IDP Provider button.
3. Once enabled, SAML settings options will appear. Click on Save button to save your configuration.
To configure PagerTree, you need to upload your signing certificate, so first step is to download this in cidaas.
Here, you'll find the steps to download signing certificate of your cidaas application along with login and logout url's.
Get Meta Data from cidaas
Steps to get Meta Data from cidaas
1. Click on View SAML button.
2. The following screen will apppear. Click on Download signing certificate.
3. Collect the Login and Logout URL of cidaas.
You will find the required URLs, if you click on View SAML button which is right next to SAML Meta Data URL.
You will get an XML file like the one appearing below,
In that, Look out the content of following tags
i. SingleSignOnService > Location ii. SingleLogoutService > Location
where you get the values for login and logout url's.
Steps to Configure PagerTree Console
1. Login to your Pagertree admin portal and go to Settings and Billings from the left navigation bar and select SSO on the right side.
2. Double-click on the provider and select SAML 2.0 from the dropdown menu.
3. Copy the Login URL from the cidaas SAML metadata under SingleSignOnService to SSO Url section in PagerTree configuration (double click to edit)
4. Copy the Entity ID from the cidaas SAML metadata to Entity Id section in PagerTree configuration (double click to edit)
5. Insert the dowloaded cidaas Signing certificate from SAML metadata in the app settings and to X.509 Certificate section in PagerTree configuration (double click to edit)
6. Insert the SAML SP Metadata from PagerTree to cidaas SAML configuration:
Values for entityID and AssertionConsumerService you can copy from the PagerTree admin portal from ACS URL.
<EntityDescriptor xmlns:md="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata" entityID="https://api.pagertree.com/public/saml/consume?sid=<account_id>"> <md:SPSSODescriptor AuthnRequestsSigned="false" WantAssertionsSigned="false" protocolSupportEnumeration="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol"> <md:NameIDFormat>urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:unspecified</md:NameIDFormat> <md:AssertionConsumerService Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST" Location="https://api.pagertree.com/public/saml/consume?sid=<account_id>" index="1" /> </md:SPSSODescriptor> </md:EntityDescriptor>
7. Enable the SSO configuration in Pagertree admin portal.
8. Go to the PagerTree login page and click: LOGIN WITH SSO, enter your email and you will redirect to the cidaas Login page. After a successful login you will redirect to PagerTree and now you are logged in.
Configured SSO Setup in PagerTree
Steps to create cidaas app
1. Navigate to cidaas Administrator dashboard -> Apps -> App Settings.
2. Click on Create New App button.
3. Enter app name and then select App type as per your requirement.
4. Under App Settings, select 'email', 'openid', 'profile' as Scopes.
5. Fill out all required information and click on Save button.