cidaas extension to Dropbox business
In this section, you will find steps to configure cidaas as an extension to Dropbox business.
If you are in this section, we assume you are already using Dropbox business, and would like to connect cidaas with your Dropbox business instance!
Overall process would be
- Activating SAML provider option in your cidaas application
- Get MetaData from cidaas
- Configure Dropbox admin console
How to configure cidaas as an extension
When you configure cidaas as an extension for Dropbox business, you can login to Dropbox services with your cidaas credentials.
We will guide you through the process — it is quite easy!
Activate SAML provider
You need to activate SAML in your cidaas application, as Dropbox integration of an external Identity Provider is based on SAML.
In this section, we'll explain the steps on how to enable SAML IDP Provider for your cidaas application and how to configure SP meta data of your cidaas application to work with Dropbox.
If you don't have any active appliction in your cidaas account and you wants to create a new application, refer to steps to create cidaas application section below.
Steps to activate SAML settings
1. In the edit-mode of your cidaas application, click on Advanced Settings.
2. Click on SAML Settings under Enterprise Provider.
3. Click on Enable SAML IDP Provider button.
4. Once enabled, SAML settings options will appear. Click on Save button to save your configuration.
5. Now you need to add SP Metadata in SAML Settings.
Enter following specification in SP Metadata field.
<EntityDescriptor entityID="Dropbox" xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"> <SPSSODescriptor protocolSupportEnumeration="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol"> <NameIDFormat>urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress</NameIDFormat> <AssertionConsumerService index="1" Binding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST" Location="https://www.dropbox.com/saml_login" /> </SPSSODescriptor> </EntityDescriptor>
Click on Save button to update the changes.
Get MetaData from cidaas
To configure Dropbox with cidaas, you need to upload your signing certificate, so first step is to download this one in cidaas.
Here, you'll find the steps to download signing certificate of your cidaas application along with login and logout url's.
Steps to get MetaData from cidaas
1. Click on View SAML button.
2. The following screen will apppear. Click on Download signing certificate.
3. Collect the Login and Logout URL of cidaas.
You will find the required URLs, if you click on View SAML button which is right next to SAML Meta Data URL.
You will get an XML file like the one appearing below,
In that, Look out the content of following tags
i. SingleSignOnService > Location ii. SingleLogoutService > Location
where you get the values for login and logout url's.
Configure Dropbox Admin console
Now you need to add cidaas signing certificates to your Dropbox admin console. In this section, you'll find the steps to upload signing certificate and steps to add login, logout URL provided by cidaas to your Dropbox admin console.
Steps to configure Dropbox admin console
1. Login to your Dropbox Account. Navigate to Dropbox admin console. Select Settings menu and click on Single sign-on option.
2. Upload the signing certificate and enter Login and Logout URL here, which you get from your cidaas application.
You can specifiy that the Single Sign On should be optional or required for your team members.
3. Copy the link in
SSO sign-in URL and Save your configurations.
Congratulations! We are now done with the setup!
Verifying your Configuration
You can now verify configurations made in your Dropbox admin console.
1. Go to your
SSO sign-in URL provided by dropbox.
2. You will be redirected to cidaas Login UI.
3. Use any of the previously configured authentication method of cidaas to login.
Steps to create cidaas app
In order to get signing certificate, login and logout url's, you need to cretae an "App" in cidaas. This section provides steps to create "App" using cidaas administration interface, which is available after you sign up with cidaas.
1. Navigate to cidaas Administrator dashboard -> Apps -> App Settings.
2. Click on Create New App button.
3. Enter app name and then select App type as per your requirement.
4. Under App Settings, select 'email', 'openid', 'profile' as Scopes.
5. Fill out all required information and click on Save button.