In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with yahoo login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
If you configure Yahoo as a social provider in cidaas, then you will get a new option called Login with Yahoo in login page of your cidaas application and Signup with Yahoo in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get Redirect url for Yahoo
- On Yahoo developer console : Generate clientID and client secret
- On cidaas admin portal : Add clientID and client secret from yahoo into cidaas application
- On cidaas admin portal: Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable yahoo as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get redirect url for Yahoo
In this section, you'll find steps on how to get redirect url for yahoo from cidaas admin portal.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Yahoo from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for Yahoo App which will show Redirect url. Make note of this Redirect url.
Generate clientID and client secret from Yahoo developers account
In this section, we'll guide you to create an app in yahoo developers console and how to get clientID and client secret from your yahoo account and how to add cidaas redirect url to yahoo app.
If you don't have an active yahoo developers account, create a new account in Yahoo developer page, before proceeding.
1. Login to Yahoo developers account and navigate to Apps section, then click on Create an App.
2. Provide an Application Name and select Web Application as the Application Type. Enter the redirect url which you obtained from cidaas.
3. To enable yahoo API access, make sure to select at least one user data API. Then click on Create an App button.
4. Once the application is created, you will be redirected to the page which will show Client ID (Consumer Key) and Client Secret (Consumer Secret). Copy/Make note of these values.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add client id and client secret from yahoo into your cidaas application and how to choose cidaas client applications, for which you want to enable yahoo as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to Yahoo app from the list.
3. Enter clientID and client secret from yahoo into the respective fields. You can also enable/disable yahoo as social provider in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirements.
4. Under Configure Clients for Yahoo section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Yahoo as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.