In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with instagram login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
If you configure Instagram as a social provider in cidaas, then you will get a new option called Login with Instagram in login page of your cidaas application and Signup with Instagram in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get Redirect url for Instagram
- On Instagram developer console : Generate clientID and client secret
- On cidaas admin portal : Add clientID and client secret from instagram into cidaas application
- On cidaas admin portal: Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable instagram as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get redirect url for Instagram
In this section, you'll find steps on how to get redirect url for instagram from cidaas admin portal.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Instagram from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for Instagram App which will show Redirect url. Make note of this Redirect url.
Generate clientID and client secret from instagram developers account
In this section, we'll guide you to create an app in instagram developers console and how to get clientID and client secret from your instagram account and how to add cidaas redirect url to instagram app.
If you don't have an active instagram developers account, then create a new account in Instagram developer page, before proceeding.
1. Login to Instagram developers account and navigate to Manage Clients, then click on Register your Application.
2. Click on Register a New Client
3. Enter an application name for your new app, enter your cidaas website address and OAuth redirect uri which you obtained from cidaas and click on Register.
4. Once your app is registered, you will be navigated to Manage Clients page. Click on the Manage button.
5. You will be taken to the page that contains your Client ID and Client Secret. Copy/Make note of this clientID and client secret.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add client id and client secret from instagram into your cidaas application and how to choose cidaas client applications, for which you want to enable Instagram as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to Instagram app from the list.
3. Enter clientID and client secret from instagram into the respective fields. You can also enable/disable instagram as social provider in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirements.
4. Under Configure Clients for Instagram section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Instagram as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.