Configuring Amazon as a Social Provider
In this section, we will show you how to provide an option to login with amazon login, on your cidaas Login page.
Configure your login page with social providers
If you configure Amazon as a social provider in cidaas, then you will get a new option called Login with Amazon in login page of your cidaas application and Signup with Amazon in the registration page of your cidaas application.
Overall process would be
- On cidaas admin portal : Get Return url for Amazon
- On Amazon developer console : Register new application
- On Amazon developer console : Get clientID and client secret
- On cidaas admin portal : Add amazon client id and client secret
- On cidaas admin portal : Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Amazon as a social provider
We'll guide you through the process — it's pretty easy.
Get return url for Amazon
In this section, you'll find steps on how to get redirect url for amazon from cidaas admin portal.
1. Log on to cidaas Admin portal. Navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers and select Amazon from the menu.
2. In the screen displayed, you can find a section called Configuration Steps for Amazon App which will show Return url. Make note of this Return url.
Register new application in Amazon developer console
In this section, we'll guide you to create an app in amazon developers console and how to get clientID and client secret from your amazon account and how to add cidaas return url to amazon app.
If you don't have an active amazon developers account, create a new account here, before proceeding.
1. Navigate to Amazon Developer Center App Console and sign in with your Amazon AWS, AppStore, or Seller Central account (or create a new account if you don't already have one).
2. Click on Register new application.
3. Enter the required Application Information and click on save.
|Name||The name of your app|
|Description||The description about the app|
|Privacy Notice URL||https://your_cidaas_domain/privacy|
Get your Amazon app's Client ID and Client Secret
1. Navigate to app settings of your newly created app in amazon developer console. Click on Edit under Web Settings.
Enter allowed return url from cidaas into the respective field as shown below
2. Your client id and client secret will be shown under Web Settings. To view the client secret, just click on show secret button. Copy/Make note of the Client ID and Client Secret displayed.
Configure social provider setup in cidaas
In this section, you'll find steps on how to add client id and client secret which you obtained from amazon into your cidaas application and how to choose client applications for which you want to enable Amazon as a social provider.
1. Now, navigate to cidaas Admin dashboard -> Settings -> Login Providers -> Social Providers
2. Click on edit icon corresponding to the Amazon app from the list.
3. Enter the Client ID and Client secret from amazon into the respective text fields. You can also enable/disable amazon as social provider in cidaas admin portal as well as user portal as per your requirements.
4. Under Configure Clients for Amazon section, you find a list of various applications created in your cidaas account. Select appropriate applications for which you want to enable Amazon as a social provider. After mapping the required clients, click on Save button.