Registration allows an Administrator to define the fields for user to fill the registration form. The standard field designations are modified as per the requirement. Additionally, business requirement specific details are added.
Here one can define the expected input format and specify if the new field is a required. This is what allows for a dynamic extension of the UI Registration. Scopes are mapped to a field as well.
cidaas dashboard -> Settings -> “Registration”.
The created registration grid table screen gets displayed, as in the below screen
By default, cidaas provides the below mentioned fields:
To create custom fields,
1. From the registration setup screen, right handside top corrner click “Create Field” button.
2. The Field Setting screen gets displayed as in the below screen
3. Enter the field name.
4. Select the appropriate field type from the drop down.
5. Enter the field key
6. Select the appropriate scopes from the drop down (user can select multiple scopes), as in the below screen,
For more information refer Scope Management.
Mapping scopes to registration fields
We can map scopes to a specific registration field - notice the map scopes drop down option. One field could have more than one scope. Many fields can be grouped based on scope when they are mapped to the same scope.
For e.g. First Name, Last Name and Email could each be mapped with the “profile” scope. Date of birth is a field that can be mapped to the “profile” scope as well as “personal” scope. Or credit card field can be mapped with a scope called “payment”.
So, when an application request contains the “profile” and “payment” scope, only such data from the fields that have the same scope associated with them, will be allowed access.
The concept is depicted in the diagram below:
Access restrictions can therefore be implemented on a set of fields, by grouping them based on scope.
Fig shows the registration set up page, where custom fields can be defined and scopes can be associated.
7. Select the appropriate checkbox against enable/required/read only. If the enable checkbox is not selected then user is not able to see the activity in the registration page.
8. Under locale settings, select the appropriate locale and enter field name based on locale.
9. Enter a brief description.
Find the below table for reference:
|Internally the field key gets generated. For example, given_name, family_name.
Refer: Scope Management.
Enable: To display the created field to the user while registering to cidaas.
Required: Mandatory field which needs to be filled while registering to cidaas.
ReadOnly: which will be in non- editable format (_view only_).
Internal: Only Administrator can access the field.
10. Click “Save” button, a message window popup “Field saved successfully”, click “OK” button
11. The created field get displayed under the registration grid table, as in the below screen
12. Once the fields are created the same fields are available during the Registration Form /Signup to cidaas, and under the Create User section as in the below screen,
To make appropriate changes in to the created field follow the below steps:
1. From the existing field, click “Edit” button, the below screen gets displayed,
2. Once the appropriate changes made, click “Save” button, a message window popup “Field Saved Successfully”.
1. From the existing user click “Edit” button, the below screen gets displayed,
2. Click “Delete” button, the below confirmation screen gets displayed,
3. Click “YES” to confirm the delete, a message window gets displayed, “Field Deleted Successfully”.
4. Click “NO” to cancel the delete.